Cahir is a beautiful town in County Tipperary, and there is a wealth of things to see and explore. The town is best known for its castle on the River Suir. The castle retains its impressive keep, tower and much of its original defensive structure. It is one of Ireland's largest and best preserved castles. The town’s name actually derives from the stone fort or cathair which stood on the site of the castle in ancient times. From the castle you can take the Coronation Walk southwards along the River Suir all the way to the pretty Swiss Cottage, which is a second main attraction in Cahir.
There are many more interesting places to visit, including St. Paul’s Church and beautiful gardens, the Craft Granary and Athassel Abbey, which is one of the largest monastic ruins in Ireland and one of the country's best kept secrets. Whether your interested in history and want to follow a heritage trail, or you prefer to go fishing on the River Suir and hill walking on the Galtee Mountains, or enjoy a meal in the traditional pub, there's something for everyone in Cahir!
- Modern facilities with up to date language learning technology
- Central location with easy access to transportation and attractions
- Activities, sports and excursions organised by on-site activities coordinators
- Diverse, dynamic atmosphere with international students from over 10 countries
- Personal and friendly environment with dedicated teachers and staff at every English school
- Wide range of accommodation options for international students
Art and Culture
Catering and Hospitality
Design & Creative, Fashion
Graphic and Web Design
Marketing and Advertising
Media and Communication
Secretarial & PA
Travel and Tourism